Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Alone in the Wilderness



Alone in the Wilderness


Oh!! I am so thirsty. I cannot speak...my tongue is sticking to the roof of my mouth. Oh!! I am hungry. I will die... are some words said, when one is lonely in a desert. I have gone through, such a situation long, long back  in my life; but not for food or water it was spiritual hunger... in the wilderness of my life. I guess, if any of you have experienced loneliness in the wilderness.
 Feeling of emptiness and alone, is when our situation lies,  just contrary to the one we expect to live .. In my life when I was  sympathizing myself, with the weakness and limitations I possessed, that is the time; I started searching God...to get an answer for all my queries , just like a deer searching for  water to satisfy his thirst.

 Hunger and thirst, are two of the most basic appetites we have. We can stay without food, for may be maximum 3 days but we can't stay without water, for more than 2 days. Water a very, very essential component of our life. This is quite normal which God made. When we are dehydrated our physical body longs for water same way a spiritual emptiness will bring us close to God.
 
When there is no resting place or a comfort zone that is the time for you to run like a deer longing for fresh water. As a deer looks around while lapping the water we too look on our situations which happened. I experienced God's presence when I was alone in the wilderness but I have a hope from our living God to make all my situations pass through joyfully.

Famous Quote: You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intution. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself... By Alan Alda



As the Deer panteth after the river brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God...Psalms 42:1




No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...