Thursday, October 25, 2018

Pain and Struggle



Pain and Struggle
15 years ago, when I was diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis, my first  thought was "Why me God" ? It was this thought that brought me closer to God and the, shaped me into a better person.

God has a reason for our pain and struggle. Today, I am happy with my life and I am thankful for the struggles I endured,  If God would not have given me these pain and struggles in my life, I believe I would not be, who I am today. I am happy today with the life I live, and the people I am surrounded  with. I was motivated by the beautiful story of a butterfly.
Once a man watched a cocoon. He knew that the beautiful butterfly comes from an ugly cocoon. He saw the cocoon with a tiny opening and decided to watch what happens. He saw the butterfly struggling to break the shell for several hours. It was not able to get out thru that small opening, suddenly it stopped making more effort it seemed as it was stuck.

 Now, this man wanted to help the butterfly, took a pair of scissors and snipped off the bit of cocoon. The butterfly emerged easily, but it had swollen body and small shrunken wings. The man sat for quite long time waiting for the wings to enlarge. But that did not happen. The butterfly spent the rest of its life unable to fly, crawling around .
Thus we can see the man had a kind heart but he didn't understand that the cocoon need struggle, so as to shape into a beautiful butterfly.
It's God's way, of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so, that it can fly once it is out of the cocoon. Without struggles, we will never grow strong.

I do not know the specific purpose, but I know one thing that God is in control. The pain we suffer might be for a purpose, might be to prepare us for something great. In life nothing comes out beautiful without struggle.




6 comments:

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...