Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A thorn


Looking on to my drawing, I want you all to have your focus, on the rose bud, among the thorns.
Thorn in the bush, Prick of a thorn, a spike, hardly a person will ever, like these to be kept near to him, but; in place of it, if there are roses without thorns, people will play with it, sleep on it, smell it, and bring it close to one’s face.
I was admiring, to the beauty of the roses in my garden, when it grows it is so beautiful that even, though there are thorns it grows wonderfully among it. The tender bud struggles to open up with the thorns beside it, which; keeps on pricking the soft petals, when a breeze blows and the stem sways from right to left. When I was lost in the beautiful rose scenario, that my 4yr niece came and plucked a rose.

 When, she plucked the rose, she got a prick in her finger from the thorn, and she, yelled with pain; and started grumbling. Then in a childish way said, “Hey Rose, why do you have thorns with you, always.”? The rose, in my imagination replied to her, “I pleaded with the Lord about this, that the thorn should leave me”. But God said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” If the rose has thorns in it, the wild animals, or stray animals will hesitate a little, to swallow you and destroy you.
When a person has sufferings and struggles in life, they we call this as a thorn in flesh. Perhaps, you also might be facing a thorn in your flesh. A thorn different for different person. Some may face physical weaknesses in body, some face insults of living a divorced life, some face hardships in family to cope with a drunkard husband, difficulties in married life with in laws, some having no children are blamed and looked down and psychological struggles; He will strengthen you. There’s a purpose for your thorn in the flesh in the way how Paul had a thorn in his flesh. Thus, it is vital that you know this purpose so that you can be a better person. Thus, God will protect you from the snares of the evil and prepare you for His kingdom... and His plans in our lives.
“I have a Thorn in my flesh.” I don’t like it also but, a little while from now, I, had to experience an excruciating pain and trial though my sickness. At times I become a little exasperated by it. The sickness makes me weaker and almost everything is hard for me to do. I pleaded with my God, in tears, for it to be removed or for more power to overcome it. But it remains with me. Then, when I kneeled down, I heard a voice saying “My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness” 2 Cor 12:9.  I, learnt one thing from God through this verse that He will give His strength so that I may overcome, the troubles I, am facing.  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly on my weaknesses, so that the power of God may rest on me and I may give all the glory to my God. We should keep in mind to give up our strength and believe that He is greater to strengthen and perfect you and me.
If you know, someone who is undergoing such thorns in their flesh, and this article might give a solace in their heart, or encourage them, please do share with them. I’d also love to hear from you. Please, do leave a comment.
Thanks
Ann



No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...