Monday, October 22, 2018

When God Seems At A Distance.....



When God seems at a distance....
Is God hiding? Is God  very far ?Is God neglecting me ?Has He abandoned me?

These might be some questions to which some of us asks, at the time when they have no joy, when they are down cast, when they feel discouraged, and helpless, when they don't get an answer to the prayers.

That is the time when one feels that God is far. Yes, I don't know how many of you all might have felt?, but I had this experience, sometime back in my life. There were times when I felt, I am in a dark and deep valley alone. Those moments I used to feel spiritually empty, dry, desperate and felt as  if He is hiding and withholding His presence.
 

 It's time to understand the truth that ?He is near you, don't rely on your feelings. We can pour out our complains to Him.
If you too find yourself in this situation, be comforted nothing is abnormal nothing new. You are sailing in the same boat of your brothers and sisters.
I remember my past how He had been faithful to me, took care of me, helped me in  the past. Then slowly God revealed his secret to me that He is not far but near to me, very very near. 

Immediately a story I read long ago flashed on my mind." One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with God. Suddenly he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to God and the other to him. He was happy that God is with him. Later , he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at, the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him, and he questioned about it."God", you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you left me alone."

God replied, "My precious, child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

2 comments:

  1. Mat 11:28-30. May I suggest that the steps he saw that was behind was the Lord Jesus and the Lord had him in his Arms, Selah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Love of God

    ReplyDelete

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...