Sunday, March 31, 2019

Tenderness


Tenderness, is an emotion to express a feeling of love. A mother, always has a feeling of tender compassion, to her child.
I, remember an incident long ago, may be 10 years, from now. An old mother some 70 yrs in her age, with her only son of 30 yr used to live as our neighbor. Her, son did not do any work, just used to spend his time loitering around. This, poor mother, used to make coir mats and sell them in the market, so as to earn a living. Whenever, I used to go to her house, she welcomed me with a lemonade and used to sit and have a talk with me. She used to have a vast knowledge regarding all topics so, I used to collect those from her. Later on, I came to know, one fine day the son left the mother alone only to enjoy life with his friends. I noticed, she never was angry with that incident nor, used to say anything bad, about her son. When, I speak anything negative about him she will change it into positive mode still, daily waiting for him to come home. This shows, how deeply she loves her son. In fact, all mothers do have a soft corner for their children. God tells us clearly in this verse Is 49:15 “Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should a mother forget, I will never forget you.” So nicely God tells us that even, if we have a loving mother, she may forget but according to the, scripture verse it is a fact that God loves us He will not forget us, no matter whatever, or however we may be. Love, has a certain element of tenderness, which alone pierces through the heart and binds us more intimately than any force in the universe.
Looking, on the coconuts in the tree, I thought of the tender coconut, which is white from inside and so soft, the coconut is hard outside, but see the softness of tender coconut inside. Such is the goodness of our God. He is tender hearted towards us, slow to anger, full of love and a compassionate God. There is, however, a feeling of an infinitely stronger, tender compassion of our God.
God expects the same thing from us, when I, meditated on the scripture; in Eph 4: 32 “And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” My, prayer is only to have all these qualities in my life which God wants me to have.
If you know, someone who will be encouraged with this article, please do share with them. I’d also love to hear from you. Please, do leave a comment.
Thanks
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...