Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Sing unto the Lord a new Song...


March season has started, with a hot and warm climate. Long days and short night. Sun is blazing during the noon, but as the sun sets the atmosphere cools down a bit.  In the night time, most of us enjoy to sleep, in the open air on terraces or open the windows, and sleep. During this season, the mango trees are loaded with tender mangoes. It’s a fruity season with jackfruit, mulberry, and watermelons in the garden, and the market place.  The birds, start singing early morning and keep on singing till dusk. They are more energetic, louder and frequent in the early hours.

This morning I was awakened early, by the chirping of birds which was pleasant to hear. I saw, a pair of birds cheerfully, singing in the branch of a flowery tree; close to my window. In the background, I could hear other birds, out of it the most fascinating one; was the singing of cuckoo. I even saw, a humming bird in the bush which was a wonderful sight. I wondered, the beauty of creation, how awesome; the pleasant voice which God has given to each one.

Seeing, all these my heart gladly, started praising with the birds. Oh...Lord my God when I in awesome wonder consider the works thy hands have made, I see the stars …..Then sings my soul my Saviour God to thee…How great thou art, How great thou art. Hearing me singing, my 4yr old niece, joined me to sing praises. She likes singing, with her sweet voice, even though she is still learning, she grasps the words of song and rhythm fast.  I like her, singing the songs of worship, and try to teach her new songs, though; I am not a good singer but, I enjoy singing. My prayer to God is that my meditation should be pleasing to Him, as I rejoice in singing for Him.

Singing, connects the words with our hearts. It is a language, of emotions. It arouses, and expresses feelings. Singing, is not only for specific people, or culture, or language, or gender, or age. When a person is sad, depressed, lonely, heart-broken he likes to hear songs; or sometimes songs comes out with emotions. If the person is happy, joyful, cheerful he sings with that emotion and likes to hear song. Songs are sung, by heart that is the time, when emotion spurts out. King David, was a shepherd boy, and when he used to take his; sheep’s for grazing, he used to play his harp and sing. He has written a full “book of Psalms” glorifying God. Our hearts should be involved with music, which is meant to offer thankfulness to God from our hearts.
 Even in the scriptures it’s written: Eph 5:19 “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord”
Col 3: 16 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”
This harmonious time period, to glorify God is at the dawn time. We, usually sing with full enthusiasm, and from our heart when we sing for God. The birds, sing so sweetly, in the dawn time, similarly, Creator God also waits, eagerly to hear the voice of praise from us, especially at the dawn; as written in scriptures, "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord" (Psalm 150:6). Since, animals are said to have breath, they are included among those directed to praise God.


Please click on the link to learn online piano course
I’m just writing a blog post, for your encouragement. If you know this article would help someone or encourage them, please do share with them. I’d also love to hear from you. Please do leave a comment.
Thanks
Ann. Mathew


No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...