Friday, November 30, 2018

An unwrapped gift


An unwrapped gift

Each and every day is an unwrapped gift given to us by God. We have to open the gift with care and see, what is there for us.
We often love to get a gift or present from someone, especially our loved ones, and God gives us this gift every day in special ways. We have to know that whatever God brings into our life is for good. Take the example of Mother Mary who was virgin, but was able to give birth to Jesus through Holy Spirit. Even the angel greeted her and blessed her, which mother Mary accepted joyfully. It is we who have to accept the gift, according to his or her choice. In fact, we should not see the sender, or the size, and packing of the gift, but what is inside and; accept it happily and joyfully.
When I first, unwrapped the gift one morning, long back in 2003 on the hospital bed, with gift of a rare disease; I was not grateful. I did not smile and say, oh! Such a beautiful gift… in fact, I was upset and tears rolled down my cheeks. But like Joseph, who said God has intended everything for my good. He used it to strip me of self-support and self-satisfaction and my egos etc. He revealed me that without Him I am nothing. He turned my sorrows into peace and joy.
In our trials we face hardship and do not feel good at all but all that is used by God for His glory.  We should understand that God doesn’t give good only but bad also good only, we have to receive it with open arms. They don’t come wrapped in beautiful covers to satisfy us. The use of our God-given skills and abilities in turn gives us self-esteem.  Being able to do something and do it well, so that it makes us feel good about ourselves.  Not in a prideful way, but in a way that makes God proud.
Famous Quotes:
“Use your unique gifts and talents to make a difference in the world.” - Lailah Gifty Akita

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...