Saturday, December 15, 2018

Trusting God in the storms of life



Trusting God in the Storms of Life

One day when I was tired, I thought of going to my friend’s house, as I was overwhelmed with my tensions. I reached her house, we had a cup of coffee and snacks, then we started sharing our thoughts. We kept on talking for a long span, of time without noticing the clock and It became very dark outside with thunders heard from far.
I waved my friend goodbye, and drove off to my house. Then suddenly the rain started, with heavy downpour and fierce lashing of winds on the car from all sides, the trees swaying and heavy thunderbolts with flash of lightning. Seeing the situation, fear gripped me, after a few miles; my car too broke down. It was a dark and lonely road with no single person outside. I started to pray, pleading Him to send some help in the dark and lonely night. When I played my car stereo, I heard the sweet song…in Hindi dialect “Rahoein me kaate agar ho….”  Which means... In our lives we may find thorns and difficulties, but we shouldn’t stop in between just keep on walking. It reminded me how God carried me in His arms, when through pain and difficulties, I used to have many sleepless nights the time, when I was diagnosed with M.S.
When situations like these come, when you are down with your health, or there are zero finances, or difficulty with your children’s education, that is the time we we feel helpless, fearful, and broken down. Then we raise all these questions, as to why this happened, or why did God allow this in my life? Why did He allow this storm in my life?
No storm can last forever. Remember one thing that in these storms you are not alone, God is with you. Do not see how big is your problem, but rather you should know how big is your God. If you focus too much on the problems, you will lose sight of the promises.  He will bring peace and calm, to all your situations just trust Him and lean on Him.
Famous Quotes:
 “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze”. - Isaiah 43:2






No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...