Sunday, April 7, 2019

Rock of Ages


Today morning, away from the noises of the busy street, we thought of going to a beach. The, calmness of the sea, and the beautiful scenery, brought a new enthusiasm in my life. In the sea, I, saw a very large rock, amazing and awesome; the waves touched the rocks, as if they were hugging each other in each visit, when the verse in the scriptures just popped in my mind, Isaiah 26:4- "Trust in the LORD forever, For in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock. “An everlasting rock”, when we think, of rock all the qualities, of God come to our mind; strong, trustworthy, reliable. My, imagination soon ran to a picture; which I took yesterday, of a pigeon from my roof top, as if; the pigeon was searching for a hiding place; I remembered the verse, in bible  Jer 48:28 "O ye inhabitants of Moab, leave the cities and dwell in the rock; and be like the dove that maketh her nest over the mouth of the cave." The pigeon, makes it’s nest on a strong foundation on a rock. These pigeons do not like, to dwell in towns or cities but they being shy, and timid like to dwell in rock.

When, you make your dwelling on a rock, which depicts a firm foundation on our God who is trustworthy; rock of refuge. At times, when you feel insecure, this rock becomes your hiding place, which gives you security from all troubles. See, how wonderfully God speaks to us, as written in scriptures of Psalm 94:22- But the LORD has been my stronghold, And my God the rock of my refuge. David put his stronghold on God so, whenever he was attacked by Saul, he used to run to caves, or rocky crevices thus; in many of his psalms he declares in Ps: 62:2 “Truly He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. God, has been an Eternal Rock of deliverer, a strength, a shield, a salvation, a defense, a protection not today or yesterday but; since ages and ages. I, set my music system to hear, the beautiful song of 1980, and I was just lost in the beautiful song:
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy riven side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save me from its guilt and power.
Truly, He is my rock, in any overwhelming situations, I can hide in my rock of refuge who is my deliverer.

I’m just writing a blog post, for your encouragement. If you know this article would help someone or encourage them, please do share with them. I’d also love to hear from you. Please do leave a comment.
Thanks
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...