Saturday, January 12, 2019

Waiting....


Waiting

Few days back, I had a problem with my phone, the messages I sent, were received late to the receiver, I had to wait for the net to get active …. Waiting, waiting, waiting...In other instance I applied for a job and they told I have to wait for an appointment letter, again waiting, waiting, waiting….
Many times, we don't like to go through this waiting process. "Waiting without complaint," or patience might seem to be a morally insignificant trait.
 I was walking, through the river side in our back way, I saw bamboo trees, slender and long when my mind recalled a story, I heard long back…story of a Chinese bamboo tree.

Like any plant, growth of the Chinese Bamboo Tree requires nurturing through water, fertile soil, and sunshine. Once a farmer worked hard, in the first year, providing all the nourishment, for the tree to grow; enough water, soil, and sunshine for the plant to grow but there were no visible signs of growth. In the second year still, nothing to be seen, no growth above the soil. The third, fourth year…still showing no signs of anything happening. The poor farmer waited for 4years without any result but he did not lose his hope and faith. He went on without doubting kept on watering it, then one early morning, he saw something amazing happened…. The Chinese Bamboo tree grew up to 80 feet tall in just six weeks! But think for a moment, does the Chinese Bamboo Tree really grows 80 feet in six weeks? Did the Chinese Bamboo Tree lie dormant for four years only to grow exponentially in the fifth?
Had the farmer, dug up his little seed every year to see if it was growing, he would have stunted the tree’s growth. In other words, the actions caused by self-doubt would’ve halted the miracle from ever taking shape and cause him to go backwards.

You and I are the same. It takes faith to work while you wait. It takes belief in yourself to keep going.
I use my opportunity to spend time with God. When trials come in our lifetime during those times, we should spend time to pray and be in the presence of God. Wait on the results with faith. Pray and leave it to God he will work on it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...