Monday, January 28, 2019

Looking in the Mirror....



Mirror, Mirror ….How do I look?

Ahmm……I think this is the question, which most of us ask after getting dressed up. A mirror is a common item in every house. In fact we all, tend to greet it in the morning once, just to see how we are in the morning; so as to be presentable.
When I was working, it so happened that the alarm kept, ringing it is 6 a.m,6 a.m,6a.m…
 But, due to a a hectic evening duty, I slept off. A day duty after an evening shift is very difficult especially for those in medical field.
The alarm clock remained silent after 5 snoozes….Alas when I woke up, the time was past 8 a.m and the duty had started at 6a.m. 
In a haste, I opened the door of the washroom switched on the light, washed my face,
Changed my clothes and headed on to the hospital. I met, my in-charge on the corridor and she asked me..... “Tina why are your eyes, red and swollen, do you have conjunctivitis? Didn’t you notice the redness in your eyes? There's s something wrong? Come let's check with the ophthalmologist " and he advised me few days rest. I came to my room and look in the mirror.
 My eyes looked really red and swollen. Had I found the time to see myself in the mirror little more closely, I would not have the need to dress myself for duty..
Then, I came to realize the importance of a verse I read few days back and came to know its depth.
Anyone who listens to the word, and does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looked like…... But one who looks intently ……….will be blessed in what he does. James 1: 23,24
Everyone, I think especially women, have a tendency to look in the mirror of and on as if, asking how do I look?....Ahmm only if the mirror could speak, it would have told my in and outward appearance.
Imperfections are brought to light when we see the image closely, attentively, intently and carefully. Not only that, the imperfection or the fault should be corrected or fixed once you see it. The more I look into the mirror, the more I try to make myself look different… better…and perfect. Yes, one important thing, the mirror can’t speak but the mirror of God’s word is enough to make you and me perfect. In the image of His likeness.

If you know this article would help someone, share with them by using “share” button.  Or use the other buttons to share it on your favorite social media.

I’d also love to hear from you. Please do leave a comment.
Thanks
Ann

2 comments:

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...