Monday, March 9, 2020

Be on Alert...

We live currently in a world, where everything is going in a tense situation. The warning signs, according to the scriptures, are worth comparing to the happenings, going around globally. Signs of wars, and rumors of war, nation rising against nation, kingdom against kingdom, global attack of COVID-19, global warming, falling of economy due to downfall of trade, internal conflicts, protests, murders; all these are just the fearful descriptions for one to get panic, and tensed. Fear, is gripping everyone in one or other form. This fear of any sort, should not lose our hope of the kingdom Jesus, has prepared. Instead, we should prepare ourselves and be watchful( be on alert) and ready of His coming which, is very soon.

When, I was a child I enjoyed the game of Hide and seek. After counting 1to 50, the search begins. So, I used to start counting slowly then all of a sudden, increase the speed and would announce 50 over. I, am coming be ready. Now, this childhood game has come to a reality the second coming of Jesus Christ. In the bible, you will find the second coming in many places in New Testament ; Book of Matthew, Hebrew, Revelation, 1 Pet,2 pet, Acts, 1 John, Philippians, Ephesians, Thessalonians almost everywhere His arrival is soon. Thus, we have to be ready like the childhood game, the seeker will come anytime with no announcement. As, Christ will return, and it is certain. He will come in an unpredictable time and hour which no one knows not even the angels. As, written in Matt 24:42," Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come". So, be ready. We are living in a grace period. He has promised, He will surely fulfill it.
An article I read, about parenting. A nursery kid when she is dropped to the school always expects her parents to say, I will come soon. which develops inner security, hope and a bond with parents. I remembered, my situation too when I read it. I used to hold my mother's hand when, I entered the classroom. As soon as, she used to leave me, I would start crying. Later,  my teacher and mum used to console me that, she will come soon. Then after recess, I used to wait for her as, she promised that she will come. Same, is the case now we should be waiting for our Lord to come soon as He promised us.
It is true, that humans are causing the wrath of God. But, because He is a merciful, compassionate, and forgiving God. He will wait, patiently. Once He, closes the door of grace, it will be very difficult. The life here is temporary, we have a home an eternal home a secure future without end. We, don’t have enough time to dispose. Let us believe in Jesus, and have an everlasting life. Watch( be on alert), pray and prepare. Adjust your lens, and focus your eyes. Let, us together spread the Gospel of Salvation.
If you find value to this blog, please do share with your family and friends. God bless you.
Thanks
Ann





No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...