Sunday, May 12, 2019

Rooted deep


We all might have seen a tree with deep roots which grows tall and stands strong and firm.
Yesterday morning, My nephew and I, went to a small park in front of our house. The park is a sign of greenery. Not much flowers and swings but lot of green trees are present which is really a splendid creation of God. Chirping of varied birds, is heard in the background combined with the vehicles horn. In the park we, saw a tree which had many branches standing tall and even in this summer time the tree; was green and beautifully growing.
My, 7 yr old nephew asked "Why does the tree looked so, green and flourishing, even in such a hot weather"? I, told him the tree has deep roots, from where it takes its nourishment and water. It is difficult for us to see, from the top layer of earth, as to how deep are the roots but the tree to get it well nourished, the roots goes deeper, and deeper in search of water. If, the roots are deep and strong the tree will stand straight and firm. I asked him "have you not seen small plants swaying in strong winds? whereas a tree which is strong and big will withstand the wind". Late in the evening, when I sat in God's presence my eyes fell on, Col 2:7 "rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness".
Rooted and built up in Him, means to have a deep and strong foundation of faith in God.  Roots, are the part of a tree. If you look on the roots, you can easily identify, whether the tree was strong or weak. The roots go deep inside the soil, to get nourishment. When, strong winds or storm comes if the root of the tree or plant is deep then it will not be easily uprooted. Storms can happen anytime. “Storms make trees take deeper roots”. How true, in our daily life we may experience various storms and tornadoes but; a godly child will not lose hope. At times, when life gets you down and everything seems drowning in life, if the roots of your tree are deep within you then you will surely withstand all storms of life. Sometimes, during my life when the storm takes a turmoil, I myself have asked will I be able to stand in this hurricane. But, as it is written in Ps 18:33, "He makes my feet like hinds feet, and sets me upon high places. I, pray to God that my faith may grow up, and built in Him. So, that the storms may make my roots, grow deeper and when worry grips me, and winds come ragging in then to hold on to God my strength and buckler. However, by His grace all these can be achieved, only thing is to have a close relationship with Him so that the roots are firmly established.
Learn piano course
I’m just writing a blog post, for your encouragement to increase your faith and stay firm in God to be deep rooted in scriptures. If you know this article would help someone or encourage them, please do share with them. I’d also love to hear from you. Please do leave a comment.
Thanks
Ann


1 comment:

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...