Saturday, September 14, 2019

Blow out your soap bubble



"Measure thy life by loss and not by gain,
Not by the wine drunk, but by the wine poured forth.
For love's strength standeth in love's sacrifice'
And he who suffers most has most to give."
How do we respond to a tough situation or a trouble, which comes in our life? Do, we have a positive attitude and consider it as a flitting life, which; is just like the soap bubbles lasting for just a moment and then vanishes away. It is here today and gone tomorrow with the wind.
Some days, we just feel a lot blue, we feel a little down, when certain things doesn't work, some ups and downs in life; all the life's unpredictability which comes in our life. From the time of our birth, to our death or rather say from the cradle to the coffin man, from an infant to the old age; one has to undergo sorrow and problems which are all knitted into his body designed by the creator, but one most important thing is that all these problems are just for a moment and tlhis will not stay forever. Take life one day at a time as it comes.
"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves".- Gautama Buddha.
Last week, just to pacify my 8year old nephew, I decided to buy a soap bubble toy for the good marks which he scored in his term exams. He was very fond to play with it as; every time when he sees children playing he comes and describes it to me. For him to enjoy a little I, gifted him the new toy, his joy had no bounds as soon as I gifted he started to make big bubbles and float it in the air but, within a short span of time the bubble would hit an object and burst. Doing, all these activities he had a hundred questions in his mind, as to Why it  happens, How is it formed, Why it floats in air, Why does it have a spectrum of colours? and so on. While, I was answering few of his question, he asked me as to. Why does it burst when stretched to a maximum? I told him, that each object has certain  limit or a weak part which prevents further stretching, if we go beyond the limit it will burst. As the soap film stretches the surface concentration of soap decreases, the soap selectively strengthens the weak part of bubble and tend to prevent from further stretching. He then asked me an interesting question as to Why is the bubble temporary and burst soon? Wonderful !! that brought a new insight in my mind. True, these afflictions are momentary. While, I was pondering on the way the mechanism and closely observing these flitting soap bubbles, my eyes fell on a verse which clearly stated that "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;” 2 Cor 4:17. I understood clearly one thing like these soap bubbles our life's trouble, pain, distress all are for a short moment. Blow out your bubble, let it fly away and enjoy those bubble seeing to the spectrum of colours they produce.

Few days, back  I was having hard days and all things seemed to go wrong, I put my hope on God who is my author and finisher of this journey. I know it's by mercy of my God alone that I am being strengthened and renewed day by day with new boost in my life. The light afflictions which comes on our way is only temporary and not eternal. A little discomfort, a little pain, a little misery should not be a stumbling block to reach our goal. All these comes and goes, leave it.
The afflictions and sufferings of our Lord Jesus for each one of us is nothing when we compare it with us. It will outweigh all of them. Just, be strong in God, He is faithful to hold us each day with new hope, energy, happiness and a life with new goals.
I’m just writing a blog post, for your encouragement. If you know this article would help someone or encourage them, please do share with them. I’d also love to hear from you. Please do leave a comment.
Thanks
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Christmas

Life is good, and we are bestowed with numerous mercies by Him. But, the people don't get time to thank God. Especially during the seaso...